Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Fettucine Alfredo

You've gotta love the technology age. I'm in the middle of Kroger tonight and I realize that I already ate the leftovers that were on my meal plan for tonight...oops. So I decide that I have a craving for fettucine alfredo and realizing that I could spend $4 on bottled alfredo sauce or $6 on the ingredients for the real deal (and make several batches from it!) I took out my cell phone and googled a recipe for alfredo sauce. The following recipe is a mixture of what I found on allrecipes.com and what I added.

Alfredo Sauce

1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (YES I hand-grated a wedge and it was *fabulous*)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
5 slices sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
black pepper to taste

Melt butter in saucepan, add cream. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add cheese and garlic, whisk until smooth and well-blended. Add parsley, red pepper, tomatoes and black pepper.

I also broiled 2 chicken tenderloins which I chopped and added to the sauce. Served over fettucine noodles and YUM.

:0)

No comments: