Saturday, June 14, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Healthy Chicken Tenders

as usual, I adapted a recipe. So I'm typing the original in black and putting my additions in red :0)

Healthy Chicken Fingers

1 1/2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
cayenne pepper
crushed red pepper
black pepper

16 trimmed chicken tenderloins (obviously I don't cook 16 for just me--it's an easy recipe to halve/quarter)

olive oil spray
2 tbsp light butter (I don't usually add this particular ingrediant)
1 1/2 tbsp hot sauce(ok, for this I used Louisiana wing sauce and about 4-5 tbsp of it instead of the butter. I also splashed some tabasco in there. But I like it spicy)

combine dry ingrediants in shallow dish and dredge chicken spray a frying pan with olive oil spray and cook chicken. Add hot sauce and butter until chicken is well-coated. Serve with celery sticks and homemade low-fat ranch dressing (made with hidden valley ranch mix, low-fat mayo, and skim milk).

:0)

No comments: