Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Recipe of the Week

Lora's Fabulous Vodka Pasta

ok, so I cheat and use Bertolli sauce, but the rest is all me If I find a good vodka sauce recipe I'll adjust

1 box penne pasta
1 jar Bertolli vodka sauce (after trying a few brands, this is the absolute best)
1 pound Italian sausage--I use hot, but I've also used mild and it turns out ok
1 medium onion, chopped
possibly portabello mushrooms--sometimes I just don't have them to add, but they're yummy when I do!
various and sundry spices for the sausage, depending on your preference. I sometimes add some fresh garlic to it as well.

*brown the sausage. Add spices early on in the process, and add onion when it's completely browned and drained.
*add mushrooms and sauce, in this order. Simmer while you cook your pasta. Combine and enjoy.

This should make 4 servings at the very least...it feeds me for a few days :0)

No comments: