Saturday, June 20, 2009

*crawls out from under rock*
*blinks*
*rubs eyes*

Well, hello blog world! It has been forever since I've updated. In the time I've been gone I have
  • attended my 10 year high school class reunion (and poor Anthony was subjected to a weekend with the folks...but he survived)
  • babysat some adorable kiddos
  • completed one part of a c-r-a-z-y deadline, with 2 more to go within a few hours...one of which I still have NO materials for!
  • randomly had a visit from my sister...
  • and once in awhile slept in a bed or had a meal
Seriously, it's been crazy at my house the last few weeks. I promise I'm still reading blogs when I can...but I'm awful at posting comments, I have awards that I need to accept and pass on, and I haven't posted a blog of my own in a very.long.time.

I'll leave you (for now!) with this gem.

So I'm sitting on the couch Wednesday night, watching tv. Mind you, this is probably the first time in a week the tv has been on longer than an hour. I'm watching, chugging along on my laptop with some work and I reach up to brush the hair off my shoulde...

It's not a hair.

It's a spider.

A big 'un.

Amazingly, my hand continued the sweeping motion and he fell to the floor (I know it was a he. What female do you know that would hop up on a fellow sister's shoulder without a little warning?!) It was only after he was safely off me that I began to worry. I stared at him, silent and wondering...

What if I get up to get a tissue and he moves and I can't find him and then he crawls upstairs and gets on me when I'm in bed and OH MY GOSH he's gonna crawl in my mouth.

And Emi is no help.

I finally have the presence of mind to remember a little piece of heaven sitting right next to me...

A box of Kleenex. (Puffs, actually, but who's counting?)

And triumphantly I carried him to his watery grave in the half-bath off the living room.

I want to go on record to say that never once did I make a sound throughout this whole ordeal. That's impressive, no? However, I immediately sent Anthony the following text:

Spider. On. My. Shoulder. Huge. Scared. Me. To. Death. Holy. Shit.

I still feel creepy crawly.

Another text I sent Anthony this week:

"The redneck comedy tour bus just cute me off in traffic. I can't even be mad, I was laughing so hard."

Really? Must they have their own tour? At least I know what bus NOT to get on now.

*crawls back under rock*
but promises to be back within 48 hours. Really.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Shanda said...

Oh I hate spiders!! I've come to appreciate them more now that I have sons who are fascinated by every type of insect or bug; but I still can't stand them!!

I never did receive the earrings from your contest awhile back. I just wanted to make sure you knew in case you had sent them so you knew I wasn't just ungrateful!

Have a great weekend!

Bethany said...

Sounds like you've been as busy as me, my friend! At least we're enjoying summer, right? I have a trip coming up heading to Boston- can't wait!

HappyascanB said...

hey! I've missed you! The spider thing freaks me out for you! I would've shreaked, screamed, hollered, yelled, and had the heebie-jeebies for hours!!!