Friday, November 7, 2008

Recipe of the Week -- Greek Meatloaf


I made this tonight for A and I with mashed potatoes and green beans (which I put Greek seasoning in, to fit with the theme). We both loved it--just enough like a regular meatloaf to be familiar, just different enough to be fabulous.

Greek Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup bread crumbs mixed with 1/2 cup milk
4 oz basil-tomato feta cheese, crumbled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 large onion, chopped (I actually had a really large onion so I only used 1/2)
1 cup shredded carrot
1 tsp Greek seasoning (I put about 3 times that in)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper (I definitely guesstimated on both s&p)

1. Heat oven to 375. Spray a 13x9 inch pan w/nonstick spray (I actually have a meatloaf pan, so that's what I used. Or jelly roll pan, whatever you call it)

2. In a large bowl mix all ingrediants. Form into loaf and place in prepared pan.

3. Bake @ 375 for 1 hour

4. Allow to rest, covered, 10 minutes before slicing

(pictured with mashed potatoes)

1 comment:

A Cooking Bookworm said...

Hmmm...interesting! Like you said, regular enough to be familiar, just different enough that I think we'd like it!

Where would I find Greek seasoning? With the spices? If not, what's in it, so I can come up with my own?