so...this week is a bit different here at thursday's ten! i'm so excited to be participating in a really cool program this fall.
1. because i review books for Thomas Nelson through Booksneeze, i was presented with the opportunity to apply to attend a Women of Faith event for FREE.
2. i immediately went to the website and filled out all the info. i knew that atlanta was probably a pretty popular choice, so i tried not to get my hopes up that i would be selected.
3. a few weeks later, i got a great email informing me that I had been selected!
4. my requirements for going are to post at least 2 blogs about the event, one before and one after as well as to display the nifty little badge you see over there to your right on the blog for at least 30 days.
5. i will TOTALLY be life tweeting the event. the official hashtag for the WoF Imagine is #wofimage so be sure to follow if you're interested in what's going on there!
6. i received 2 free tickets to the event, and I'm taking my future mother in law. We will be staying with Anthony's Aunt Tammy while we are there, so we'll get a little family bonding in too :-) i'm so thankful that God has placed me within such a God-seeking family...a little added bonus to marrying this man i love :-)
7. i honestly have a very limited grasp of what to expect. BUT i'm actually pretty excited about that. i'm praying that God will release His Spirit all over that place and that the worship and speakers will be out of this world amazing :-)
8. we leave today after i get off work. events begin Friday at 9 am sharp, so we may be slightly sleep deprived...but i'm sure staying involved won't be a problem.
9. i can't WAIT to tell you all about it!
10. Have i mentioned i'm excited? :-)
i have wanted to go to a women of faith event since a few years ago when some friends gave me the women of faith devotional for a birthday gift. i have so appreciated the wisdom and insight from these Godly women, and am thrilled to be able to experience all of this firsthand. plus, you know me...any chance to take off a weekend and just worship my Papa is a chance i'm going to take!