Sunday, February 8, 2009

I laughed, I cried, I sang


Praise Team Retreat -- one of my favorite weekends of the year! We always gather at one of my old stomping grounds: the Nazarene campground for the TN district. It's a great facility, with one aspect that always makes me giggle. If you come in the back way, you literally drive through the creek. See? I took a picture on my way out this morning!

Anyway, retreat was amazing as usual. It was smaller as far as participants this year, but we still packed a lot in. I was asked to help lead worship with some great friends on Saturday evening, which was great. We got in some good reading of new music, input on the worship ministry, and even an intimidating session of being critiqued by our peers and worship minister! Then there were the times of silly games like Catch Phrase, which we took to an entirely new level of crazy (I laughed), serious talks about things that matter (I cried), and wonderful times of worship (I sang). It was a great way to
connect with my good friends (and learn some exciting baby news as well as some sad moving-away news) and with my Father who is always ready to connect with me even when I forget.

It's always good to get away. But I'm glad to be blogging from my couch again as I catch up on a few tv shows that were waiting for me when I walked through the door this afternoon. I feel like I've hit the "reset" button for the next few days. Kind of a fresh start all in itself. It's a beautiful thing :0)


2 comments:

AmberW said...

Welcome home!
Glad that you had a great time at the retreat :)
So nice to get back to that comfort zone again though!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Your blog is so cute! Thanks for visiting my blog today. I'm going to "follow" so I can read more about you.

Have a great Monday!