Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Recipe of the Week -- Iced Coffee Latte

My friend Beth gave me this recipe a few months ago when I went over to her house and fell in love with the homemade frappacino-type thing she gave me to drink :) It's easy and a lot cheaper than going to my favorite place...Starbucks. :0)

Iced Coffee Latte (from Pampered Chef)

1/3 cup instant coffee granules
1/2 cup boiling water
(for this I substitute 1/2 cup of hot coffee)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups cold water
1 qt cold chocolate milk

mix coffee granules and hot water, whisk in milk and cold water
pour into pitcher, add chocolate milk
chill at least one hour before serving

I'm going to try a few variations on this, like adding cinnamon to the coffee and other fabulous spices. Let me know if you add something that works well!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That sounds really good, but I think I'll wait until it's warmer here to try it. thanks for the recipe.

*Kelly Marie* said...

this sounds delicious! I used to work in a coffee shop and was always trying different things with the espresso and syrups and milks... Doesnt exactly sound like as much fun as it was. But my favorite flavors to add to coffee are dark chocolate and coconut, and vanilla and cinnamon. I go back and forth between these two flavors, and I always drink it over ice. Thanks for sharing!