Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Recipe of the Week -- Turtle Martinis

For the first time EVER I'm posting a recipe here that I haven't tried. I'll be making it this Saturday, however, for the boyfriend and I to have when we come back from dinner to watch Casablanca :) So, I'll post a picture sometime soonish...anyway, I'm assuming by the ingredients alone that it'll be fabulous. I can see me serving it as a girl's night beverage too ;)

Here it is, from food network

Turtle Martini

cocoa powder
powdered sugar
caramel sauce (in a squeeze bottle)
chocolate sauce
2 ounces vanilla vodka (I'll use Stoli)
2 ounces white creme de cacao (or dark if you prefer more of a chocolate look)
2 ounces Praline New Orleans Style Pecan Liqueur
crushed ice

garnish ideas: roughly chopped chocolate squares, roasted pecan halves, turtle candies

mix cocoa powder with powdered sugar until it's sweetened to taste. Take large martini glass and very carefully coat the rim in caramel sauce, being careful not to let it drip too far down the sides. then, dip the entire rim of the glass into the sweetened cocoa powder, being sure to coat all of the caramel so that you have a "dusted" caramel effect. put just a drop of chocolate syrup at the bottom of each glass for color.

for the drink, shake vodka, creme de cacao and praline liqueur in a martini shaker with ice to chill. Fill the martini glass with crushed or shaved ice, strain the drink into the martini glass.

garnish atop the floating ice with the roasted pecan half or small piece of chopped chocolate. Or garnish with a half of a Turtle candy by making an incision and hanging it on the rim of the glass.


No comments: