Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

This year was a low-key and wonderful one. Beginning with this amazing bouquet (I'm so glad he is willing to go off the beaten flower path--I've had some truly lovely flowers because of it!)

and then to a concert by the King Singers (a rare and special event indeed) where I re-discovered my wedding church!
I should explain--in college I was a member of a choir that was literally at a different church most Sundays when we were raising funds for our Europe tour. And...there was ONE church that when we walked into all the girls said "wedding church!" because it was just SO lovely and perfect...and I could never remember which one it was.
The concert was at that church yesterday...and the funny thing is, Anthony's grandparents were married there!
I seriously feel this...connect...with it, and went a little crazy yesterday when I realized it's my dream wedding place. Anthony was laughing at me. A lot. And reminding me that our own church is probably a lot cheaper...but it's also not a very pretty church...so it'll definitely be a place that I'll look into when the time comes. Anyway, back to V-day...
But first, just look at these pictures! Gorgeous, no?


We then went to Anthony's apartment where he made lasagna...played some video games...(Little Big Planet and Peggle)

And then we went to see Valentine's Day. Such a cliche, but so fun. And it was an adorable movie anyway. A's description was "it had it's parts..." which I believe is guy-speak for "typical chick-flick, but it wasn't as bad as I thought"
:D

It was fun to just kick back and spend an afternoon and evening together. I heart us. :)

Photobucket

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Ohhhh gorgeous church, Lora! I love it, can't wait for the wedding! ;) I'm glad you two had a good Valentine's Day! I was supposed to see that movie yesterday but the snow cancelled it. :(

Caitlin said...

You two are SOOO cute!! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day!

Holly Lefevre said...

What a fantastic church! Glad you had a great Valentine's day!
Holly
504main.blogspot.com
hipweddings.blogspot.com

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

"he made lasagna" = he's a keeper!

Happy Valentine's Day!

HappyascanB said...

Beautiful flowers! And ooooh, beautiful church! Lucky for me, our church is one of the most popular for weddings in Macon. It has a long center aisle with windows all down each side. Beautiful!

Looks like it was a fun weekend!!

Brooke said...

sounds like a wonderfully perfect valentine's day.

they are supposed to be cliche after all - right?

Unknown said...

What a beautiful church! Looks like you had a great day! Stopping from SITS!

RainSplats said...

I've been to a King Singer's concert! Very cool! I'm glad you had a nice heart day. The church looks perfect. Hope the rest of your week is happy, too.

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! IT sounds like you had a great holiday!