Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday Song

I will lift up my eyes to the hill, from whence cometh my help...

So begins the words of on of my favorite Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir songs. And all day long it's been echoing --reverberating--through my mind. ALL of my help cometh from the Lord. Or so says the song. Do I *really* believe it to be true?

It's easy to look at a kind gesture from a friend or stranger as just that--a kind gesture borne from their capacity to love and have compassion. I was humbled this week by an acquaintance in my church choir who found out on Wednesday that I'd been without a job since August, and on Thursday brought a few items from her own pantry to the church for me. Yes, a very generous and most appreciated thing to do. But to give credit to Whom credit is due...I know it was the hand of God personified in a woman named Elaine.

I must remember that my help DOES come from above. That those kind hands, the encouraging words, the physical acts of help...all of that comes from my Lord.

I'm embeding a video of this song so that you too can be blessed by the message contained in the words. You'll have to scroll down and pause my music player first...sorry :0) To be honest, the images contained in the video are a bit distracting to me personally, but it was the best I could find.




The sun shall not smite thee by day nor the moon by night...He shall preserve thy soul...now and forevermore.


May you live in the realization that your soul is preserved by Him.

3 comments:

* said...

Dropping by from sits. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing the message.

The Blonde Duck said...

What a powerful post.

angie said...

Visiting from SITS. Hope you had a good Monday!

Great post, btw!