Monday, January 19, 2009

Recipe of the Week - Tiramisu

Double-Coffee Tiramisu
(from southern living)


1 8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup hot brewed coffee (or 1/2 cup hot water, 1 tbsp instant coffee granules)
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
2 (3 oz) packages ladyfingers
1/2 cup grated semisweet/dark chocolate (I didn't use NEARLY this much)


beat cream cheese and sugar together at med speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
beat whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. fold into cream cheese mixture.
stir together coffee and liqueur.
arrange ladyfingers evenly around sides of 8 6-oz coffee cups or ramekins. drizzle ladyfingers with coffee mixture. spoon or pipe cream cheese mixture into center of ramekins. sprinkle with grated chocolate. cover and chill 2 hours

(ok--I put my ladyfingers on the bottom and don't use so much chocolate, and I think it works out the same or better )

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

O...M...G...

That looks fantastic. Not even kidding. When we finally get around to a girl's night, I hope that's on the menu!!

And a Disney road trip would be FANTASTIC! Guess it's a good thing I put in my application last night...:)

Eve said...

I'm DROOLING. No, really, I am!
What a fantastic recipe! I LOVE tiramisu, but it takes forever to put together. This sounds like it makes the 'creating' experience much simpler and more enjoyable! I can hardly wait to give it a try.