Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday's Song

The people who work with our teen worship band found this beautiful song last year and our student praise band often leads us in singing it in class on Sunday mornings. When we sang it this morning I knew I needed to share it. It's been such a mainstay for me over the past few months. I tried to find the video on youtube to let you hear an example, but I have't found it yet. I believe Northpoint in Atlanta has it on their latest worship cd.

I'm highlighting the words that speak--sometimes scream--to me every time I hear it.

Breathe On Me

Find me here in this place
Son of God saving grace
At this hour, all my days
Breathe on me, breathe on me

Morning star shine Your light
As I walk through this life
God of power, God of might
Breathe on me, breathe on me

Forever, You are my reason for living
Merciful Savior unending
Breathe on me

When I’m weak You are strong
Your breath in me will be my song
In You my King I belong
Breathe on me, breathe on me

Forever, You are my reason for living
Merciful Savior unending, Breathe on me

Forever, You are the God of my story
Write every line for Your glory
Breathe on me

3 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Gorgeous! I always loved youth group songs in high school...they felt so real.

AmberW said...

Beautiful song!
(Thanks for your congrats btw! - and I am sending you all of my left-over GET A JOB vibes!

ParentingPink said...

Great song! Thanks for stopping by my SITS featured blog! Hope to chat with you again!