Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday's Ten -- more great quotes

Today I have a lot to say.

There is so much on my mind, heart and it all wants to burst forth...but it can't yet. I have some formulating and processing to do before that happens.

So in that interest, let me share the words of others that have inspired me, made me laugh...or just made me think. May one of them strike a similar chord with you.

(oh, and this isn't nearly as emo and melodramatic as it sounds. Most of the things I have to share are good things, I'm just trying to formulate the best time and way TO share.)

Ten Quotes that I Love

(part one of this can be found here)

1. "I believe in pink. I believe laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing; kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

- Audrey Hepburn

2. "a person gets to have her whole life"
- Private Practice

3. "I think life chose me after all"
- Dar Williams

4. “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr Seuss

5. "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. "If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun."
- Katharine Hepburn

7. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- Maya Angelou


8. "Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
- Mother Teresa

9. " A child miseducated is a child lost."
- John F Kennedy

10. "I saw the angel in the marble and I carved until I set it free."
- Michelangelo

Photobucket

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Very nice! I especially love the one from Private Practice and #6-- great for this week :)

Brooke said...

wow - i'd never heard #10 before.

wouldn't it feel amazing to have that kind of gift?

Shawn said...

Audrey Hepburn is my fav!

Great quotes...

Megan said...

Love the quotes! All great ones! =D

Moon said...

Love this! Made my day with all those fantastic quotes.

I've re-blogged Audrey's quote in my blog. Feel free to check it out!

http://carrotheadandapplemint.blogspot.com/

You have a fabulous day!

Cheers!