This week's theme is your 10 favorite things in your home. I would LOVE to see pictures, but if you can't take/upload/post them please just tell us about your favorites :)
Most of the things I've listed here aren't uber expensive or all that "special" from a monetary point of view. I'm very much a sentimental saver. Hence the movie stubs, football tickets, and playbills in my scrapbooking cabinet. So most of these things have more of a meaning to me than anything else!
Here's mine, in no particular order:
1. wall cross. I found this at Hobby Lobby a few years ago and LOVE it.
2. my antique rocking chair passed down from a great aunt to a grandma to me. I also have a vanity that matches it in my bedroom but it's so
3. my prayer board. this hangs in the bedroom next to the vanity, and I made it myself (along with another memo board in my kitchen). sometime I'll explain the meaning--it looks a little bare right now because I'm in the process of changing it out...plus some of it's "confidential" enough not to put on my blog!
4. my laptop. where would I be without it?(answer: well...in the office upstairs on the dinosaur PC that wouldn't get me very far...)
5. the Madonna A gave me for our anniversary in August. Isn't she beautiful?!
and in the same picture
the picture I took of the Eiffel Tower when I was in Paris in 2002. It was WAY before I had a digital camera, so I was thrilled with how well it turned out!
6. the vintage jewelry tree LaJuana gave me for my birthday last year. It's *fantastic*
7. my recycling bins--my first ever purchase at IKEA, and so nice for organizing the recycling that often explodes in my house!
8. my iPod docking alarm clock station. This was a Christmas gift a few years ago, and now that I have my iPhone the only time my nano leaves it is for a run.
9. various dishes I've inherited...they're just special, ya know?
10. my bedding. it's Pottery Barn and I totally bought it brand new on ebay for under half the price. All except the shams. Which they double sent me from PB, and when I called to ask if I should mail the extras back or return to the store they told me to keep them. :)
(erm, sorry it's all wrinkly. guess I shouldn't sit on the bed right before I take a picture...)
What about you? I would love to see (or hear about) your favorite things...please link up or comment so I know to visit you, and grab my button if you don't mind!
(code for said button is right there to your right...under my followers!)
Next week's theme: favorite restaurants/recipes