Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9 Great Things About 9

(or 9 odd things about me)

I've always had this thing for the number 9.

I first realized it a few years ago when it came to my attention that most people set the alarm clock for an even number. I never have. If I want to get up at 6:30, I simply set the alarm for 6:29.

(my dad does something similar, only reversed. He sets the clock for 6:31)

It goes without saying that I set the microwave, kitchen, and other timers with a 9 at the end if I possibly can.

(do you all think I'm insane yet?)

So today... 09/09/09 ... is a day that I almost want to celebrate.

But since people would probably look at me oddly if I asked them to come over to celebrate the number 9, I'll just have a little party on my blog.

Here's some info I dug up on our friend google!

1. The number 9 holds special rank. It is associated with forgiveness, compassion and success on the positive side as well as arrogance and self-righteousness on the negative, according to numerologists.

2. The number 9 is quite important in many worldwide faiths, including Judaism, Christianity (9 fruits of the spirit, among others), Islam, Hindi, Tao, and Baha'i

3. The Chinese culture very highly regards the number 9, in fact the Chinese dragon is made up of 9 animals.

4. The curse of the ninth in classical music refers to the superstition that if a composer writes a ninth symphony he/she will soon thereafter die. Started with Beethoven.

5. Cloud 9 is apparently the happiest place on (or above) earth

6. The most dressed up you can be is "to the 9s"

7. Cats have 9 lives

8. Sudoku. Hello. It's all about the number 9.

9. Mathematically speaking, it bring symmetry. After all 9 x any number equals a number that itself adds up to...9. (9 x 3 = 27...2 + 7 = 9, etc)

"The whole nine yards"
"A stitch in time saves nine"


I know, I'm a little nuts. But you love me anyway, right? Right...


Photobucket

3 comments:

yonca said...

Great post Lora!
and..
I do love you ;-)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

haha random but i love it!

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Very interesting info about the number 9!

I wanted to thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I really do appreciate it. I hope you will come back often!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/