We celebrated A's mom's birthday on Tuesday night. I did ok with finding a gift, but the card was ridiculously complicated.
The funny ones were either not funny or inappropriate.
We're not in a mushy-gushy flowery type relationship (his mom and I, that is.)
It wasn't a "milestone" birthday.
And there was not a category at Hallmark for "Your-son-and-I-have-been-dating-awhile-so-it's-serious-but-we're-not-related-but-I-still-love-you"
I actually wrote that on the miniscule card that I finally ended up attaching to her gift bag. She laughed. Thankfully.
Soooo...I'm listing today 10 categories of cards that Hallmark really should have. Please join me!
(any silly list will really do. Laughter will help brighten the awful dreary weather we're having here!)
Suggestions for Hallmark
1. The aforementioned "Dating Your Child and Love Your Family, But We're Not Related"
2. Oops...I May Have Just Hit Your Car. And Caused Damage That You'll Probably Need To Report to My Insurance Company...
3. Sorry I Took That Last Piece of Cake
4. This is an Intervention
5. Hope Your Hangover Is Short-Lived: Here's What You Did Last Night
6. I Accidentally Let the Dog/Cat/Hamster/Snake Out
7. RIP (Insert Piece of Electronic Equipment such as playstation, laptop, cell phone Here)
8. I'm Sorry Your Team Keeps Losing (this would be a popular one in TN this year...)
9. You Have an Obscene Rip in Your Pants and I Can't Tell You to Your Face
10. I'm Not Really Sure How to Tell You This, But...
You know the drill by now--sign up on the MckLinky below and link back to me (handy-dandy button code right there to your right if you so chose to use it!)
And if Hallmark card categories isn't your thing, just do your own top ten list of whatever you're feeling today!