Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday's Memory: the one with the musical


in june, 2008, i accepted a friend's request to join the cast of a musical she was producing at a neighboring church

i hadn't done ANY acting since i was in school...and i kind of enjoyed being on stage for a moment

i played 2 characters: nane, one of the handmaidens of the egyptian princesses (the one who found moses in the water)
that's me on the right
and flora, one of jethro's daughters, but not the one who marries moses
(hey, that's me on the right again)

we sang, danced, told a Biblical story, and struck a few poses

and i met quite a few friends along the way.
strangely enough, this musical was the way i finally figured out that anthony liked me :)

he came to the first performance and was literally among the last 3 people to leave
(it was the director Jean, me and him locking up)

he called me to say "break a leg" for sunday's performance
(he had NEVER called me before, only texted)

and when people started posting pics on facebook and tagging me in them, he sent me a text telling me that this picture (of me doing my makeup pre-show) was a great picture of me.

if it hadn't been for that musical...it would have taken me a LOT longer to figure out how he felt
:)

(and you thought it was all about the singing and dancing)
;)

Photobucket

No comments: