please tell me you have these issues!
however, i'm determined to spend a little time this weekend organizing the space
and making it functional.
(i'll be back to post pictures if it works out well!)
so. based on what i already know as well as a couple of tips i've seen on the rachael ray show this week, here's my list of 10 things that will stay in my car. (note * for items already in the car)
1. first aid kit* (my car actually has shelf space in the trunk for this. nope, not kidding.)
2. a blanket* (i'm a good indiana girl, and know to keep a blanket in the car in case of stalling in winter weather. plus it comes in handy for the impromptu picnic)
3. a catch-all basket, small* (in this i keep an extra pair of sunglasses, my coupon book for nashville, an umbrella, extra feminine products, ipod charger when not in use, packing tape for trips to the PO, sleeves for coffee, baby wipes for cleaning spills or people ;-) and a few other random things)
4. yoga mat* and workout clothes (the first is a given. the second is something i've meant to do several times, but after seeing it on the RR show the other day am determined to do. i'll just keep my tennis shoes in the trunk and have a bag with extra clothes in it for a quick hike, run, etc.)
5. an emergency toiletries kit (i saw this on the show and LOVED the idea. deoderant, makeup, tweezers, razors, maybe even shampoo/conditioner and an extra toothbrush. if i ever find myself spending the night at a friends house i'm good to go! plus i have TONS of random cosmetic bags. it would be nice to put some of them to use!)
6. my green bags* (i do keep them in the car when i think about it, but i need to make more of an effort to make sure i have a few before i go shopping anywhere!)
7. cds. (i have a few in the car now, and i love listening to pandora on my phone while driving. however, i have these great cd books that need to be put to good use!)
8. a sigg bottle* (for those extra runs, or just to keep hydrated. the only problem with this is summer heat in tn...gotta figure out a way to keep a bottle in the car and keep it from boiling, ha.)
9. a kid-friendly tote (i love to do random art projects or baking with kids when i babysit, so it would be nice to carry a few extra beads for necklace making, cookie cutters, or other things that parents wouldn't necessarily have on hand)
10. some sort of (very small) trash/recycling system. (currently i use plastic shopping bags...but i can't STAND how trashy that looks. even getting a couple of those cheap little "cubes" you use for storage would be better!)
so. what would you add in your car? or subtract for that matter?