Friday, April 22, 2011

today

today is good friday
it's also earth day

i'm not unaware of the beautiful collision of these two days.

one celebrating the new life we are called to
the other celebrating life on this earth

each having their dark moments -- the death and burial of Jesus
the pollution, global environmental injustices and ignorance

it seems fitting to me that they both happen today

and i will celebrate
by stopping at starbucks for my free coffee
by going to buy herbs to plant in my garden this year
(and perhaps tomatoes as well :)
by dancing with my fiance

all of these things celebrating life
the down and dirty literally
and the joy of spinning around for hours

it's good
it's right
and i'm thankful
for today

(even if i did wake up with allergies raging and don't feel like doing anything...)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I absolutely love this post! I also was aware of the beautiful irony of the two days in one. The part of this post that brought a smile to my face??? Your dancing with your fiance! :)
Vanessa