have i mentioned i love pinterest?
today's list is compiled of ten ideas i've ACTUALLY used from the site! these are the first ten pins i've completed, but i'm sure there will be more editions to come :-)
(1) my very first one was this idea to use magazine racks for pantry organization. i did this pretty much when i moved in in august.
|i started with one...|
|and ended up with a "few"|
(2) i FLIPPED when i saw the idea of the date stitched into hem of your wedding dress so i asked my friend who was doing the alterations if that was a possibility. she replied that she was already thinking of surprising me with that very thing!
verdict: loved making this my something blue, and love it being permanently on the dress!
(3) then i kept seeing a pin for a crock pot breakfast casserole. tried it one saturday morning...
|even though it went IN looking good!|
(4) then i saw one using spice shelves for organizing the bathroom sink. since i was frustrated with our medicine bottle organization, i decided to adapt it.
|our take on it|
(5) then i saw this one. it was two dressers back to back to make a kitchen island, but that's not what drew me in. see, we had repurposed a similar dresser as our entryway piece, and i wanted it not to look like...a dresser! and i already had some fun bird and branch wall stickers...
|i love the bird on top :-)|
verdict: i really like i, and so does anthony! it's subtle, but just quirky enough to be "us" AND bonus: it makes the repurposed dresser "fit" more in the living area.
(6) i thought these crescent roll desserts looked yummy...
(7) i found another idea i thought was brilliant: sheets stored in their own pillow cases. i decided to try it out.
verdict: it may not look as neat as the original but it definitely makes life easier!
|just wanted to prove that the closet as a whole is neater than that shelf!|
(8) natasha and i wanted to make one of the several recipes we have found on pinterest. we settled (easily) on buffalo chicken tacos.
|we did a build your own bar|
|Anthony's plate was a work of art!|
verdict: we loved them! definitely a keeper recipe
|our ONE example :-)|