i'm being totally lazy today.
here's 10 things we served at our open house on saturday
we have several gluten-free friends, a couple of vegan buddies, and at least one person who is both gluten free and dairy free. since i wanted to have several options for each person attending, i had quite the challenge when it came to the menu. but i finally found a good balance, i think. not everything fit special dietary needs, but everyone had a few choices!
1. a veggie tray (in the shape of a Christmas tree. kind of)
*both gf and vegan. obviously.
*gf and dairy free
3. my guacamole, salsa (herdez), and mexican spinach dip (his aunt's recipe)
*the guacamole and salsa were gf and vegan
the spinach dip is gf
4. fresh fruit (pineapple that i for real chopped up, blueberries, clementines and strawberries)
*gf and vegan
5. swedish meatballs (gluten free recipe found here)
7. stuffed mushrooms
8. mexican hot chocolate cookies (recipe soon)
9. (vegan) ginger cookies (recipe soon)
10. peppermint joe-joe truffles (omgosh, SO good. will post recipe soon)
add to this holiday punch, hot chocolate and coffee and we were good to go for several hours :-)
and between antiques from my grandmother and new wedding gifts along with a few other pieces i've collected over the years, we had the perfect serving piece for each dish.
the table decoration was a simple runner from ikea with turqoise felt tree ornaments from target interspersed and taper candles throughout. i didn't want it to be overwhelming amidst the food, but i wanted it to look *pretty*
unfortunately, i didn't get any pictures once the party started of our guest, or of the dessert bar or beverage station. oh well. there will be a next time.
we LOVE sharing and opening up our home to people, so there will be MANY next times :-)
have you had a party this season? are you planning one? what's your menu look like?