Tuesday, July 6, 2010

this blog brought to you by (an) appointment...

i walked in with my bag, starbucks double-insulated cup filled with iced coffee in hand.

spoke to the receptionist, handed over my keys

sat in a comfy chair and gave a cursory glance to the magazines splayed out on the table before simply reaching into the bag and pulling out my laptop

smiling as i noticed the girl sitting opposite me was also typing on a macbook.

her drink of choice is perrier water—with lime

trendy girls, we are

and then i begin to wonder:

am i being trendy for the sake of being trendy?

does that girl LIKE perrier water or is she drinking it because of a fancy name

or fancy bubbles

do i really prefer starbucks coffee?

yes, i brewed my own coffee for the iced coffee in the cup, but no one else knows that…

do we as girls REALLY enjoy wearing high heels?

do people sign up for graduate school because it’s the thing to do,

or do they truly have a passion for what they’re studying?

i suppose it’s different for everyone

i love apple products, so yes i have a macbook

(and an iphone)

and while i enjoy a good coffee anywhere

most of my coffee travel mugs come from starbucks

(i like their style, what can i say?)

and while i much prefer flip-flips

or bare feet

i do like that i feel sexy in a cute pair of heels

so there you go

i'm going to assume that the girl across from me also loves apple

and prefers her water “con gaso”

and now i'll stop thinking so deeply

and just wait for my oil change to be over.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Brooke said...

i've found (for better or worse) what i'm wearing help dictates my mood.

although i can't understand the facination with paying $100 for a purse that looks like it was sewn out of a quilt grandma had laying around. (my sister is a vera bradley freak)

f8hasit said...

Sometimes I find myself drifting and thinking the same thing of stuff I've observed without even realizing that I'm working it out.

I find myself bucking against the trends. If out for a coffee, I'll visit a local joint or a Caribou instead of a Starbucks...just because.

But I vote for flip flops every time. :-)