Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday's Song -- Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)

You know those songs that just ALWAYS speak to you? We sang this one this morning during youth group praise time before we broke out into groups and as I worshiped with our teen leaders (who are always amazing) I was struck once again by the timeless words of this "new" but old hymn. The youtube video at the bottom is Chris Tomlin...and as usual you'll probably have to turn off the music player further down on the page to not be annoyed by conflicting songs!

Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine


OH! And if you haven't already, please post a comment on this post or email me at msmsctchr@gmail.com with your questions for my 100 post! Thanks!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song!!!! It brings to me tears every time!!!!

Caitlin said...

We've thought about it, but with our rather long guest list it probably won't work out. Plus, the problem lies with not being able to make the great hall into our reception place...and we definitely can't fit everyone into the lobby for that! :)

But in any case, I love that song...I'm sorry I came in late and missed it!

vera said...

I can't sing Amazing Grace without turning into a weeping, blubbering fool ;) It's so nice to "meet" you... I'll have to come back later and copy that chocolate cake recipe - it looks wicked good!

Sara said...

I love this song! It's my anthem!

Thanks for the reminder today! I needed it!!!

S.

Unknown said...

I love this song, too! I have had to attend two funerals in the past few months and this song was either played or sung at both. It brings me to tears, too. My husband and I listen to it often in the car. I love music so much, I just started having Music Monday on my blog.

Because of Love said...

LOVE that song!