Monday, March 16, 2009

Post: 100

I made it! Thanks to all of you who supplied questions for this! I've kind of broken this up into categories so that it's easier for you to read and me to write..

First up, the answers to my five fun facts post.
1. My favorite food is ice cream, followed closely by chocolate.
(this is absolutely false. I am not at all an ice cream lover--I used to hate it, I can stand it now. And chocolate I can live with or without).

2. I have nieces and nephews that are older than me.
(true. My half-siblings are 28 and 25 years older than me, I have 2 nephews and 1 niece is older, and 2 nieces and 1 nephew who are younger, but within 3 years of me)

3. I entered college as a music education major, flute as my applied instrument.
(true. I changed to a vocal applied within a semester though :0)

4. I grew up in one of the largest cities in Indiana.
(haha--FALSE. One of the smallest towns, actually)

5. I taught middle school for 4 years and loved most moments of it.
(absolutely true and I hope to go back to the classroom soon)

Now for your questions:

Relationship/Family
How you met your boyfriend?
Anthony and I met in August of 2007 when he was assigned to the same group of middle school students that I was working with. We became fast friends and eventually (during the summer of last year) realized that we both had "stronger than friends" feelings. After a whole lot of soul-searching and talking (and him asking our youth minister's "permission") we got together just about a year after we met.

What's your favorite feature about your boyfriend?
His faith and love for God. I've always wanted to find someone who would love God first and then me, and I have.
What's your favorite thing to do with friends?
I'm all about a Girls Night In...or Out! Chick Flick and a few nice drinks...or just out on the town
(8)


Favorites
Your favorite place? Besides my couch :0) I think anywhere with water is a favorite of mine. The beach, Radnor Lake here in Nashville...there's something about water that just draws me in.
Favorite recipe?
This one's entirely too hard, so I'm categorizing it.
Beef: Greek meatloaf
Soup: Tortellini Minestrone
Chicken: poppyseed chicken (followed closely by pepperjack)
Dessert: Tiramisu
Vegetarian: A ginger stir fry with all the veggies I have on hand and japanese noodles. Yum.
what is YOUR favorite color?
Red is my absolute favorite color. I have to stop myself from making more red jewelry and buying more red clothes.
(15)


General Life
What was your most embarrassing moment?
I have this wonderful ability of saying something completely innocent that can be taken the wrong way. Most of my embarrassing moments have to do with publicly saying something that turns out to be a sexual innuendo without meaning to. There was also the time I fell flat on my face in the middle of campus *right after* chapel, so most everyone saw it.

What would you like to accomplish in life...(besides the regular girl dreams of marriage and family...)?
More education--I hope to get my doctorate eventually. Also, I want to somehow volunteer in or open a center that helps counsel young girls with eating disorders.

What is the thing about yourself that you love the most?
My smile (physical) and my personality

Or for something more deep, what childhood dreams do you still hold onto, at least a little?
I've always held onto the "mother" dream. And a very small part of me still wants to be the musician on the road, although I realized a long time ago that wasn't the life for me :0)

What are some places you want to travel to?

My top five US places are: NYC, California coastline, Seattle, Charleston, New Orleans,

World: Ireland, Australia, China, New Zealand, Greece

(20)

Random

For my question, here's a bit of randomness...do you press your toothpaste from the middle or from the bottom?

I squeeze from the middle

If you could vacation anywhere in the world for a full month, where would you go?

I'd probably take a Mediterranean cruise. That sounds like heaven.

Hmmmm. If you could turn back the clock, what time would it stop at and why?

Honestly, I try to live life without regrets and I really like where I am in life right now...except for the whole jobless thing. I think I would stop it mid-July and follow my instincts to apply for a teaching position in the system I used to teach in. I squelched those feelings and I REALLY wish I hadn't.

if you could be an animal, what would you be?

I have cat-like tendencies. I like to nap in the sun, stretch, and can be rather aloof when I'm in a mood.

(24)

Entertainment
How about favorite singers?
Wow, that one's hard! I love Ella Fitzgerald, Bono, Sara Groves, Michael Buble, my friend Michael
How about your top 10 recommended books. Or the last 10 books you read.

My 10 recommendations would be: The Shack, Captivating, Girl Meets God, The Five Love Languages, Blue Like Jazz, The Book of Uncommon Prayer, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Secret Life of Bees, Real Sex and The Kite Runner

(26)

What/Why/How/If
What made you start "blogging"?
I enjoyed the myspace blog feature so much that I started my own blog space. Now I rarely even log onto myspace (I'm a facebook girl), but I still love getting my thoughts out there.
Hmmm... What is one thing you told yourself you'd never do, but then did?
Become part of the statistic that most new teachers quit within the first 5 years...at least I made it 4! And I'm going back. I hope.
what made you decide to get into the jewelry gig?
Some online friends of mine posted instructions on how to make earrings. I tried it...loved it...and the monster was born!
what is the one material thing your friends would say you cannot do without.
Hmmm. Probably my phone or computer!
what is some crazy that you want to do
I want to travel the world. That's not really "crazy"...I want to run a marathon someday. Does that count?
My question: How long have you been blogging?
I've had a blogspot since 2007. If you count the myspace blogs though, since 2005.
If there was a movie about your life, who would play you?
Maybe Sandra Bullock? She always seems to play those quirky and loveable characters :0)
(33)

Got this from my new blogging friend, happyascanb


I am…a daughter of the King
I think…of weird and random things quite often
I know…that I am well-loved
I want…a job!
I have…wonderful friends
I wish…I could lose weight healthily and keep it off for good!
I hate…traffic
I miss…my skinnier self :0)
I fear…being alone
I feel…thankful
I hear…the tv.
I smell…very little at this point, since I'm stopped up!
I regret...nothing. The best advice I was ever given was to live life without regrets, and that's what I've tried to do.
I love…my life!
I care…very much for those around me
I always…laugh when Emi chases the laser light
I am not…your average girl. Just ask the boyfriend :0)
I believe…in God’s grace.
I dance…not well, but I love it.
I sing…as much as I can
I write….mostly for my own pleasure, but I enjoy it
I win...rarely.
I lose…my keys if they're not in the key bowl
I never…want to bungee jump, parasail, or anything else that involves hurtling my body through space.
I listen...to a pretty eclectic mixture of things
I can usually be found...with people I love. or at church!
I’m scared of…unemployment.
I read…when I have the chance
I forget…people's names entirely too often
I just…cleaned the house
I am happy about…so many things

(65)

A 25 Random Things About You post I wrote on Facebook a couple of months ago

1. I can get lost for hours in the baby clothes section at Target or pretty much anywhere. Actually I can get lost in any sort of baby section, or any Target.

2. I'm kind of a tv/electronics junkie. One of the first items on my "buy when I'm fully employed again" list is a Wii. I say that it's because I want WiiFit (which is 100% true--I do). But I'm just as excited about the other games that I'll get too :D
(I blame it on 18 years of no tv.)
3. I use proper grammar when I text. I can't stand writing "RU goin 2nite?" and other such things. Like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. The rare occasion that I've done it to save room on a text makes me squirm.

4. I'm getting more and more attached to blogging and reading blogs. If you have a blog you should give me the address. I'll stalk you too.

5. I have an unhealthy love for office supplies.

6. I'm really distracted by the Starbucks logo on the right side of this page. If I weren't in a tank top and shorts right now I'd probably be headed out the door for a latte.
7. I love traveling and seeing new places. I prefer to go with someone I really like--a close friend...or alone. I have a lot more fun that way. Maybe it's selfish, but I have a lot more fun that way.

8. I never seem to get enough sleep. I wake up in the morning and while I stumble through my morning routine I plan out a time later to take a nap. Usually there isn't time to take that nap...but for some reason I can't go to bed early. Like, ever. I try and end up laying there staring at the walls for hours. Ick.

9. I take pictures all.the.time. I think my friends have become used to the flashes by now. I also scrapbook and have plenty of them tucked away in the house.

10. I've always been a people person and thrive on being surrounded by people I love. However, I don't let a lot of people "in" as far as my personal life goes. I'm actually a very private person but if you are in that inner circle I'm an open book.

11. As much as I love being around people, I do need a healthy dose of "me" time each week. I go crazy if I can't just sit in my house for awhile by myself.

12. I'd rather watch a crime show than just about anything.

13. I believe sweet tea has healing properties.

14. You have chocolate? I'll probably pass. You have mint chocolate? I'm in. Especially if it's mint chocolate oreos.

15. I'm pretty passionate about politics. I'm sure you haven't noticed. :0)

16. I'm a big fan of Impressionism. Monet is my absolute favorite. When I'm in a museum with a Monet I could stand in front of it for hours on end.

17. I could eat ranch dressing on just about anything.
18. I love organic and natural foods. I'd shop exclusively at Whole Foods and Trader Joes except for 2 things. 1 - expense. 2 - they don't have the really yummy non-organic stuff like jalepeno cheetos.

19. I am not even remotely in the realm of "morning person". Usually my alarm goes off multiple times and I finally get up because my cat is pawing me in the ribs. No really. She has incredible aim.

20. I really attempt to be "green" in a lot of ways--CFLs, reusable shopping bags, a Sigg water bottle, cloth napkins, real instead of paper towels, etc. But I fear that I'll never be completely green. For one thing, there's the San Pelligrino water I keep buying. At least I recycle the bottles...?
21. When I'm babysitting I LOVE playing with the kids and watching the general cuteness. But my favorite part with a baby/toddler? Putting them to bed at night or down for a nap. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'll have nothing to do while they're sleeping, and everything to do with the sweetness of a little one all snuggled up while you read and sing together.

22. I love fashion and clothes/shoes. But truth be told, yoga pants, a tank, and flip flops are my choice if and when I can get away with it. Or those little exercise skirts that my friend Sarah introduced to me last year!

23. I recently noticed that I have a pretty sizeable scar on the side of my left knee. And I have absolutely no idea where it came from.

24. I currently have a couch in the breakfast area of my kitchen. It's from my former boss (blech). I moved it into the kitchen to make room for the Christmas tree and I kind of like it there. It matches the paint perfectly. Is it weird to have a couch in your kitchen?

25. I love to entertain, whether it's just a quiet intimate dinner, a girls night or an all-out party. I haven't done it in awhile, but on my list of "things to do when I'm fully employed again" is a big bash to celebrate. Stay tuned... :0)


(90)

and my 10 favorite blog entries
1. 2009's Word of the Year
2. a bit of a vent on driving in TN Winter Weather
3. California memories
4. bit of a raw emotional post from me on Mother's Day
5. my hope for the future
6. a little calamity
7. my election night reflections
8. storm
9. see how random my mind is?
10. Ash Wednesday reflection 2007




Photobucket

3 comments:

Heather said...

loved reading this! and well, i guess it might be a crazy thing to run a marathon...after running two, i said no more, why do that to myself again, but i find myself wanting to try again...crazy me... :)

congrats on 100! (and i'd love to learn how to make earrings and stuff).

Unknown said...

Nice 100th post!!!! :) I loved reading it.

Bethany said...

So cool to read about! I knew a few of them but learned some new things too! :)