Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunday's Song

Today I was on the praise team at church (which means worshipping from 7:30-12:30, give or take). It's such a blessing to watch the faces of the congregation, to see them standing impulsively and lifting hands, to observe the changes that are visible on each face. This Sunday was especially "special" though.

Today we talked a bit about our church's history (Dean--our pastor--played a clip from one of the founding minister's sermons which made me tear up--Rubel was the pastor there when I arrived and even though he left us only 2 years after I joined the church he had a tremendous impact on my life. Anthony was affected even more by this--Woodmont is the church he's grown up in). So it was an amazing and sweet service just within the sermon and other elements. Randy (my friend and our worship minister) chose songs that were "landmark" songs for our church, and I thought it was only appropriate that I share the one that was especially important to Rubel. It's an oldie...just warning you...but has special meaning for our congregation and for that reason I love it.

His Grace Reaches Me

Deeper than the ocean and whiter than the sea
Is the grace of the Savior for sinners like me
Sent from the Father and it thrills my soul
Just to feel and to know that His blood makes me whole

His grace reaches me
Yes His grace reaches me
And will last through eternity
Now I'm under His control
And I'm happy in my soul
Just to know that His grace reaches me

Higher and the mountains and brighter than the sun
It was offered at Calvary for everyone
Greatest of treasures and it's mine today
Though my sins were as scarlett, He has washed them away

His grace reaches me
Yes His grace reaches me
And will last through eternity
Now I'm under His control
And I'm happy in my soul
Just to know that His grace reaches me

Isn't that a beautiful message?

By the way, I'll be posting the answers to my "facts" post soon. And there's still about 24 hours left to ask me a question for my 100th post :0)




Photobucket

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Girl! Thanks for the hug this morning! I needed it!!!

I'd love to hear more from you! Email me at seleftwich@hotmail.com! Looking forward to getting to know you better!!!

Sara

Heather said...

that is a great message. thank you for sharing! :)