Shanda is such a sweet and wonderful friend who I've really enjoyed getting to know. She hosts Titus 2 Tuesdays, and leaves so many encouraging notes and comments to my blog and others. She was the deserving recipient of 2 awards lately, and has honored me by selecting me to receive both of them!
Here they are:
For this award you are supposed to list 7 random facts about yourself and pass it on to 7 other people.
(just 7? of each? you'd think that would be easy...ok, I'm making myself not repeat any of the blogs that I awarded the other day even though they're all so deserving!)
1. I have to eat my m&m's, skittles, starburst, etc separated in colors...I save the best color for last...and I prefer even numbers of ANY type of food because I must chew evenly with each side of my mouth. Yeah, I'm slightly ocd...
2. I have nieces and nephews that are older than I am.
3. I was seriously petrified of Santa when I was little. For YEARS I would run past his office at Santa Claus Land (now Holiday World)
4. I have a dog magnet. I have never considered myself a "dog person" although I like them and will probably have a few more over my lifetime...but seriously everyone I know who has a dog has a dog who loves me. Even the dogs who hate most people. Go figure :0)
5. I love to cook...not so much bake. Or clean. I enjoy the results of all 3 though. :0)
6. When I find a new song that I love I'm obsessive over it, and I will not stop listening to it until I have learned every word and nuance of it. I actually miss the days of buying CDs all the time, because the jacket lyrics made that a lot easier, and sometimes I buy a new CD instead of downloading just because of that.
7. I can't stand cornbread. I keep trying it, but it's just not good.
Recipients this time around.
I picked all of you because of your candor, honesty and ability to be "real" with your readers. I love reading each and every one of your blogs!
Jaycee @ Married Without Children
Megan @ Infertile Myrtle
Sunny Mom @ Cole Family Mission
Wolf @ Musings
Bethany @ Striving to Be Bold
Caitlin @ Go-Go Gadgett:Gidgett
Amy @ Sweet Home Amy
For this award, you are supposed to: 1. Confess 5 things you are addicted to. 2. Pass the award on to 5 deserving bloggers
Ok. For this one
1. Sweet tea, San Pelligrino water and coffee. If you see a drink in my hand (during daylight hours that is) it's probably one of those!
2. facebook. It's a tab that's always open in my browser.
3. my dvr. what did I do before it???
4. Trader Joe's. Joe just moved in a few months ago, but oh has he made my life better.
5. Mint chocolate oreos. Not found at TJ's, unfortunately but omgosh. Yum.
And I'm selecting for the recipients of this award...each and every one of my (checks list) 33 followers! I am humbled and honored by your desire to read my words on a regular basis, and appreciate you all so much. I was thrilled when I had 1 follower, excited when I had 5, and with each new one I have been so thankful for these new friendships.