(you should all participate in this one. just sayin')
today i am thankful
- for the table we will gather at with anthony's family. for them, their hospitality, and their immediate acceptance of me. and that they asked me to bring something that's traditional in MY family today so i'm bringing green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. and so incredibly grateful i didn't get a preparatory letter like this one with instructions. (read it. you'll laugh)
- for the man i love and our time together so far...and for SO.MUCH to look forward to. for future plans that excite me, for knowing that he loves God more than he loves me...so the balance is alllll gooooood. and that he's a dork, just like me.
- for emi, who scrunches her face up into "her" chair, who sits on the piano bench more often than i do, who jumps up on the bed to be loved on as soon as i walk in the door, who runs to greet me when i arrive, who sometimes just runs around the house like a crazed animal, who is stingy (but rewarding) with her purrs, who loves to chase a laser light, and who most nights will cuddle with me at bedtime just for a little while.
- for life in the garden, in the herb planters. and that i've managed to keep a cilantro plant alive for a whole month now.
- for the fact that i just drove to anthony's apartment with my sunroof open. on thanksgiving day, people. it's in the 70s today :D
(and yes, it'll be cold tomorrow. but i can be thankful for warm weather on thanksgiving!)
- for friends who get me. and for those who don't, but accept that i'm a little crazy ;-)
- for the spiritual communities that have shaped my faith. this journey has been a wild ride, for SURE but i've told many people to buckle up and raise their hands because it's the ultimate thrill ride!
- for the privilege of being called to live this way. so completely dependent on God for provision and strength that i pretty much live just like this quote:
"But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through"
- for my wii, dvr, laptop and iphone that serve as distractions when i need them, entertainment when i'm lacking, exercise when it's hot/cold/rainy, and connections with those i love. yes, all of them have their downsides, but using them for their intended purpose has been a blessing
- for so many countless things in addition: my dog magnet that has dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds flocking to me and giving me affection. for starbucks and my ridiculous collection of travel mugs. for road trips with friends. for snuggles on the couch. for naps. for worship. for babies and the privilege of watching them grow. for the families who have supported me and entrusted me with their most valuable possessions -- their children. for learning about and beginning to operate more fully in my giftings. for laughter. for family. for so.much.more.
and of course...for all of you. who come here and read what i have to say, who humble me with the way you respond, who encourage me with your friendship. i started blogging just for me, and i'm ever surprised and blessed that you hang out with me here in this small corner of the internet. so thankful that our lives (and blogs) have crossed paths. :)